• Welcome to the AutoVolt Forum
  • Login or Register to access all areas
  • Mobile user? Access our forum with Tapatalk
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduction
Smile Good morning all EV owners I am a new EV owner of 2 weeks (low miles 65 plate Nissan Leaf Acenta). I am a retired ADi, approved driving instructor of some 35 years . Dare I say I am a P-t-ol head. Perhaps car freak is a more appropriate handle on here! Any advice on charging whilst out and about would be appreciated  Thanks in advance. Nice to be on board. Thanks for having me. Smile

(09-04-2016, 09:48 AM)phoenix 7 Wrote: Smile Good morning all EV owners I am a new EV owner of 2 weeks (low miles 65 plate Nissan Leaf Acenta). I am a retired ADi, approved driving instructor of some 35 years . Dare I say I am a P-t-ol head. Perhaps car freak is a more appropriate handle on here! Any advice on charging whilst out and about would be appreciated  Thanks in advance. Nice to be on board. Thanks for having me. Smile

Hi Phoenix,
Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your introduction. I'll post a [hopefully] helpful note about charging in the charging forum that will be of help. The best thing to start with doing is to get yourself an Ecotricity Electric Highway card, which is free and will allow you access to the many rapid chargers located along major A and M roads. I think it's safe to say the vast majority of people on the forum will have owned and enjoyed petrol/diesel cars before moving to electric propulsion too, so not so much of a  cliché ;-)

JM

Thanks, J M , I already have the Ecotricity card and have now got used to the charging procedure also bought the home EVSE by Chargemaster from the previous owner. Not fitted yet as Daughters Partner is a very busy S/E Electrician . Hopefully soon!

Hi Phoenix,

Nice to 'meet' you.

the leaf seems to be the peoples EV of the moment. looking forward to your updates.

R

Brilliant news - Ecotricity network is very easy to get to grips with and from personal experience has made living with EVs much easier than it might otherwise be. ZapMap is a useful website to find charge points too.

Good luck with your home install. I have a 7kW Chargemaster point that proves exceptionally useful and I'd recommend placing it somewhere you have lighting for when plugging in. I have a solar powered flood light that works a treat, similar to the one in the pic below - cheap on places like ebay/Amazon.

Hi everyone, my name is Dave and I've been driving a Leaf since September 2015. I've done about 9.5K miles so far and am looking to stay electric. The charge points in Norfolk need to be upgraded and there needs to be more of them, I use the car everyday and the ability to charge at work would be great.

(05-05-2016, 10:35 AM)davesedge Wrote: Hi everyone, my name is Dave and I've been driving a Leaf since September 2015. I've done about 9.5K miles so far and am looking to stay electric. The charge points in Norfolk need to be upgraded and there needs to be more of them, I use the car everyday and the ability to charge at work would be great.

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum and pleased to hear about your electric ambitions. Have heard in the past that Norfolk is plentiful with 3kW charge points, but sorely lacking in rapid chargers along major arteries. Have you spoken to your work about getting a charge point installed?